|The Bluffdale Icon
© 1999 John A. Lind
- Zeiss Ikon Contax IIIa Color Dial
- 50mm f/1.5 Carl Zeiss (Stuttgart) Sonnar
- Kodak Elitechrome 100 Extra Color
- Exposure data not recorded
- Hobson's Bluffdale, Eldred, Illinois, June 1999
- During the Spring and Summer this is the only view of the barn, or at least the largest part of it, from the entrance to the farm. This is a very difficult shot due to an ugly power pole on the left and the trees that line the drive leaving this one view of the barn. The strain relief cables on the power pole can be seen. This red barn is the "icon" of the Bluffdale farm and was one of its original structures dating back to the early 1800's. The frame inside is the original 12x12 hand-hewn oak beams assembled entirely using mortise and tenon. Many are through mortises with giant pegs with some blind mortises.