|Mighty Oaks and Barn
© 1999 John A. Lind
- Zeiss Ikon Contax IIIa Color Dial
- 50mm f/1.5 Carl Zeiss (Stuttgart) Sonnar
- Kodak Elitechrome 100 Extra Color
- Exposure data not recorded
- Hobson's Bluffdale, Eldred, Illinois, June 1999
- The pair of oak trees are at least 200 if not over 300 years old. They dwarf the barn next to them. A better shot would have cropped out most of the gravel road which leads out of the scene on the left. There is some uninteresting "clutter" on the right of the barn that was cropped out of the frame when this was shot. The tradeoff was the that or the road, or perhaps I could have moved a little closer without lopping off the tops of the trees. It is a good example of subtle scaling. The barn is obviously large which gives a better idea of how massive these pair of oaks are.